On behalf of my client, a global pharmaceutical company in Dublin, we have a vacancy for a Permanent Engineering Technician within the Maintenance Team. This role will directly report to the Maintenance Supervisor. This role is a shift role.
Based within the Dublin manufacturing facility, the overall responsibility of the technician will be to complete all maintenance activites as required on site.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
To work as an Engineering Technician and perform the following day to day duties within the Sterile Operations Business Unit to agreed standards and run rates:
- Machine Changeovers
- Diagnose and repair machine breakdowns
- Complete all CMMS duties
- Schedule and plan work
- Give support to operations team as necessary
- Focus on delivering to the desired schedule and to reduce downtime
- Complete activities assigned in business unit SOPs
To ensure that all work is:
- Performed to a high-quality standard according to the company’s rules and regulations, GMP and GEP requirements and to the company’s change control procedures
- Performed to the highest safety standards adhering to company safety procedures and policies
- Executed in a timely manner to agreed standards and procedures
To perform the following tasks in CMMS:
- Generate and print work orders
- Complete work orders and enter all relevant information
- Enter work orders into history
- Enter work order numbers in line logbooks
- Develop and update work orders
- Develop and update spare parts
- Complete PMs to maintain the equipment and keep accurate records of same
To assist in the development of technical training and in delivering training to all business unit and operations department members
To attend any training and further education courses as appropriate
To ensure all Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions are adhered to
Develop and/or assist in machine improvements and identify and become involved in all continuous improvement’s projects aimed at optimizing equipment effectiveness
Skills & Experience
Minimum 5 years relevant industrial experience working as a maintenance fitter/engineering technician within Pharma/Medical Device or Food Production is required.
You must have completed time as an apprentice and must hold the appropriate trade certificates.
Strong understanding of GMP and a right first time approach is a must.
For full details contact Zoe at +353 1 2784671 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific is a division of the CPL Group www.thornshaw.com