Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we're dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group's Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
The Project Accountant role will provide financial and analytical support for Clinical studies.
This role requires a business-minded individual who can identify risk, analyze and manipulate data, and can accurately and confidently present findings/make recommendations related to the financial well-being of their Clinical study(ies). The Project Accountant will prepare Clinical trial "workbooks" to assist in study management, revenue recognition, pass-through costs, metrics, and Operations/Sponsor support. This role is directly responsible for financial health of Clinical trials, projects, or portfolio. The role requires the Project Accountant to produce high quality work while maintaining professionalism. Attention to detail, internal control mindsight, integrity, and ability to communicate with clients and team members.
The Project Accountant role is expected to establish him/herself as the financial "go to" person for their Clinical studies by supporting the revenue process, billing, metrics, Ops/Sponsor inquiries, and Accounting.Responsibilities
- Applies current financial and accounting standards, policies and controls. Begin to identify and mitigate risk related to Clinical studies. Assist in developing solutions to achieve Clinical study and business objectives while remaining compliant.
- Assist Project Managers/Functional Area Leads in identifying gaps, variances, anomalies in Clinical study forecasts.
- BU Analysis
- Provides accurate, transparent, and timely financial analysis on assigned Clinical studies.
- Assist in providing financial recommendations to Project Managers/Functional Area Leads and follows through to deliver timely resolution.
- Support organizational process and system improvement opportunities by participating in change initiatives.
- Execute Clinical trial project set-up and review contracts.
- Ensure timely reconciliations for Clinical trial project close-outs. Execute timely and accurate refund, if applicable.
- Provide monthly review of Clinical projects ensuring accuracy across all financial tools (workbook, roll-up, Qlik, and G/L).
- Provide financial and analytical support for Clinical projects - revenue, cash flow, profitability, realization, utilization, backlog, and plus/minus reporting.
- Assist in ensuring that adequate controls exist to properly and efficiently track and analyze Clinical project trends to make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the Clinical project.
- Represent Clinical on financial issues and Clinical project concerns. Interface with Operations, Management, and Sponsors to support Clinical project reviews and respond to their inquiries and requests.
- Communication, Team and Business Partner Support
- As part of Clinical Finance support, build rapport with and understand/address needs of functional/business unit leadership. Provide guidance to Clinical Leaders and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Liaise with Clinical leadership to support identification and implementation of opportunities to address customer specific concerns within Clinical portfolio.
- Proactively engage and challenge Clinical to achieve financial and business goals; work closely with them to meet financial goals and influence financially sound decision making.
- Actively monitors and assesses impact of industry, economic and business unit trends in order to drive performance management at the Clinical Finance / Functional level.
- Participate in formal staff review processes (e.g. performance and salary reviews) to corporate standards and timescales.
At Advanced Group, our commitment to diversity and inclusion in every part of our organization is crucial to fulfilling our mission and demonstrating our REAL values. A diverse staff allows us to effectively draw on different perspectives and enhance our efficiency and effectiveness. Diversity thereby strengthens the legitimacy and relevance of Advanced Group in delivering services to our clients. We seek talented, creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures to work with us. It is our priority that our workplace be inclusive, welcoming of diverse ideas and appreciative of valuable experience.
- 0-3 years of Finance or Accounting experience
- Previous Project Accounting experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced degree (MBA)/ CPA a plus
- Strong command of the English language.
- Ability to listen and build relationships. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis and modeling.
- General knowledge of general ledger (Great Plains or NetSuite a plus), Excel, and PowerPoint. Will need to be proficient in Excel and the ability to recognize and address issues with data integrity.
- Results orientated. High energy, self-starter.
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills.
- Ability to adjust / function in ambiguity and solve problems in such an environment.
We are committed to a long-term flexible, hybrid work model. Our company offices are where we gather for collaboration and culture-building, and available for "heads down" work when it is the employee's choice.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.