IQVIA™ Real-World Evidence (RWE) teams work with clients to help them collect and use real-world data to generate evidence to meet the needs of regulators, payers, providers and patients. Our approach is unique in the industry and is defining the way companies develop and apply real-world evidence for healthcare decision making. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and constantly looking for opportunities to harness the value of real-world evidence in an evolving industry.
RWE Data Management is at the heart of our study delivery and responsible for ensuring high-quality study databases to help our customers generate real world evidence. RWE Data Management is shaping and responding to the changing way real world research is conducted. This includes management of data quality, reliability and integrity by study design and purpose. The team is adapting to the increase in data variety across EDC technologies, directly from patients, through decentralization of clinical research and modular studies with data capture from a blend of sources.
The Global Head, RWE Data Management position is a critical leadership role within the RWE team with the full breadth of business, operational, employee, process, technology, customer and strategic responsibility. IQVIA is looking for leaders with experience from data management or a related field that are willing to question the status quo and create systematic solutions to evolve study delivery. Candidates must have a passion for helping to guide and grow teams and create high customer satisfaction.
Leads the RWE Data Management function to efficiently manage the lifecycle of clinical data from collection to delivery for statistical analysis in support of real world evidence generation. Ensure that data collection, data flow and data integrity are maintained and that the data is credible and reliable across a range of data sources and data capture technologies.
- Lead the RWE Data Management team including Data Operations, Technical Design and Data Team Leadership (September 2021 HC =172).
- Business: Own RWE DM financial P&L. Monitor financial performance to ensure that revenue is maximised, and costs maintained to achieve target margin. Define and monitor department objectives consistent with Scientific Services, RWE, RWS and other GBU/RBU partners. Oversee monthly review cadence of financial, operational and people metrics. Monitor quality and productivity across team to identify trends and implement improvements. Ensure sharing of learnings across team. Manage operating expenses through efficient expense spend, and appropriate use of temporary/contractor staff and mix of data management professionals. Define staffing needs based on backlog and strategic plan for RWE balancing cost containment with employee workload.
- Employees: Ensure that organizational structure enables effective team operations, and that we have the right talent with the right skills, in the right locations at the right cost to meet client and business needs. Optimize connections and collaboration across Scientific Services, RWE, RWE, RWS and IQVIA Enterprise. Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work appraising performance and guiding professional development rewarding and disciplining employees addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters. Define and implement training strategies. Ensure that staff is trained and compliant with current operating procedures and work instructions and project scope of work. Provide opportunities for staff to expand their expertise. Monitor team engagement and implement actions to improve engagement.
- Process and Technology: Provide strategic technical advice to improve performance and profitability across teams, functions, and customers. Define strategy and business requirements for new processes and technology including but not limited to SOPs, electronic data capture (EDC) systems, Appian and EDGE. Partner with technical teams to ensure smooth development and implementation.
- Customers: Establish appropriate DM support for client partnerships and key projects managing customer relationship with account managers, functional heads and customer functional peers. May serve on Customer Steering Committee or as strategic liaison for Data Management.
- Strategy: Stay abreast of data management and technology trends alongside competitors, customers, vendors, and professional organizations. Recommend and implement initiatives in response, and track against departmental strategic plan. Make time to create stakeholder engagement around strategic goals. Build trusting, loyal relationships and motivate others to achieve the strategic agenda. Create internal and external partnerships to deliver innovation and peak performance.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.