Clinical Research Associate II
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
At ICON, we are looking for experienced CRAs to join our expanding teams across Australia. You will be part of our Global Strategic Solutions Division and be directly partnering with one of our top pharmaceutical sponsors with the support of ICON right behind you.
- Roles are home-based and you will more than likely only have sites in your home state, this means less interstate travel and a better work life balance.
- Monitoring frequencies are longer; traditionally you would go to site every 4-6 weeks per study, now it is pushed out to a 12-18-24 week schedule. Again, this means less travel and better work life balance.
- We can offer 0.8 FTE / 4 days per week for experienced CRAs and you have an option to choose your day off.
- Most studies at this sponsor consist of 50% remote monitoring / 50 % onsite monitoring, this again means less travel to site.
- There is a strong pipeline of studies and they utilize cutting edge ways of working (an example is adopting risk-based monitoring for the majority of their studies)
- Studies are across many different therapeutic areas which allows you to gain good exposure and can open up future career options
- Your career pathway is defined with opportunities to move from CRA, to Lead CRA, and CTM - these are all options for progression within ICON
- Ideally you will be based in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- We can flexible on the level of experience but at a minimum 6 months independent monitoring in Australia or New Zealand is expected.
- Although continuous support will be provided, due to the remote nature of the role, you must be confident working autonomously to ensure delivery of expectations
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.