Line Manager / Operations Manager
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
● Effectively manage employees ensuring high performance, quality delivery of customer objectives and continuous development.
● Foster a culture of process improvement with a focus to add value to the company and assigned customers business aligned to ICONs Values.
● Work according to and comply with relevant procedures and processes.
JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Operations Manager / l Line Manager include, but are not limited to:
● Manage induction, orientation and on-boarding of new hires, across both the organization and the customer engagement
● Manage training compliance to both the organization and customer training requirements and learning environments
● Manage annual leave planning and tracking
● Manage expense and time submissions and approvals
Professional Development & Performance Management
● Set SMART goals and objectives in line with direct report’s function, role and customer engagement
● Engage with direct report to create an individual development plan, which builds on experience, skill and competencies, aligned with ICON’s values and culture
● Conduct routine agenda driven 1:1 meetings
● Conduct mid-year and annual reviews
● Support career progression and advancement within the organization
● Manage performance issues through implementation of meaningful performance improvement plans (PIP)
● Complete progressive performance management with effective documentation, when necessary
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
● Engender credibility and build trust in expertise and capabilities with customers
● Understand customers’ expectations regarding resource requirements, organizational and cultural “fit,” roles and responsibilities and service delivery
● Interview and select resources targeted to customers’ expectations for experience, skills and competencies
● Ensure proactive communication and decision making to meet customer expectations across key performance indicators (KPIs)
● Build customer trust and confidence through transparent issue identification and proactive resolution
● Seek customer feedback on service and deliverables
● Manage contract extensions and rate negotiations, as applicable
CROSS FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT
● Manage cross-functional delivery to customers, employees and the business
● Engage with cross functional team members to improve service delivery to clients
● Lead cross cultural and virtual teams, influencing and networking effectively in a matrix environment
● Provide operational leadership by setting expectations and ensuring accountability of operational team performance
BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT
● Participate in Business Development activities, as appropriate
● Contribute to process improvement initiatives, as requested
● Up to 20% domestic and/or international travel, as needed
● Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
● Bachelor’s Degree or local equivalent, in life sciences, medicine or related discipline.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
● Experience: Ideally minimum of five (5) years of relevant industry experience with ideally at least two (2) years of management experience
● Ability to liaise successfully with customers, employees and other departments (team work)
● Demonstrate ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
● Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills
● Good verbal and written communication skills in English and local language
● Strong computer skills
● Flexibility, time management and prioritization
● Good relationship management and influencing skills
● Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
● Due to the nature of the position, the employee may be required to travel. Therefore, dependent on the employee’s location, a valid driver’s license will be required.
● This position will be office-based or home-based depending on the regional structure.
WHAT IS OFFERED
• Permanent full-time contract of employment seconded to one client;
• Office-based in Reading 3 days per week with 2 days’ home working flexibility
• Fully home-based can also be considered
• Competitive salary depending on level of skills and experience;
• Company benefits: 25 days annual leave, car allowance, bonus, pension and healthcare.
For more information, please email me or ring +33 964 25 67 65.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours. We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.