- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Under the supervision of an Editor or Deputy Editor you will be responsible for commissioning, writing, and editing articles for publication in a multitude of formats (print, social media, digital, video and audio).
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be required to work with clients to develop content for commercial campaigns.
- Adapt writing styles to meet the needs of different audiences and internal house style.
- Confidently conduct interviews with industry experts that are engaging and professional.
- Build a reputable professional network of key leaders and content contributors.
- Liaise with internal departments including, design, marketing, and sales to ensure the quality and consistency is exceeded.
- Responsible for uploading articles online and engagement in social media.
- Understanding current trends in relation to the brand.
- Proofreading content and paying attention to detail.
- Responsible for promoting the publication online and at events and exhibitions.
- Consistently contribute to the growth of readership.
- Work closely with the sales team and engage in client meeting/calls
Required Qualifications Knowledge Abilities & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, specifically within a scientific discipline.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Experience of writing and editing is essential, with a flair for creating interesting content.
- Strong communication skills, with a natural flair in writing and verbal communication
- Ability to manage your time effectively, independently and within a team.
- You will be required to travel Internationally, specifically to Europe and North America as required.
- Attention to detail.
- Google Suite, Microsoft office, Basecamp, Sprout and Content Management.
Benefits include: performance bonus, pension, additional holidays, death in service, investment in development, free parking
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.
Apply for Associate Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly