Data Quality Manager
4 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology, Faculty of Medicine, invites applications for a full- time position for a
Data Quality Manager (m/f/d)
for 2 years as of now available within a Project “Pharmacovigilance studies as part of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society Patient Registry” under supervision of PD Dr. Lutz Naehrlich. The salary of the position is determined by payment group E 13 according to the collective agreement of the State of Hessen (TV-H).
The European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS) is an international community of scientific and clinical professionals committed to improving survival and quality of life for people with cystic fibrosis (CF) by promoting high quality research, education and care. As part of the ECFS, the Patient Registry collects data from people with CF in Europe, to deepen the knowledge of the disease, encourage new standards of care, provide data for epidemiological research and pharmacovigilance studies, and facilitate public health-planning. The Registry’s database contains demographic and clinical data of over 50,000 patients from 39 participating countries in Europe and neighbouring countries (www.ecfs.eu/ecfspr).
The Registry is recruiting a data quality manager for the Patient Registry, who will be the in-house data expert and will foster and ensure data quality across the Registry and the participating countries under the supervision of PD. Dr. Lutz Naehrlich and the international Registry team. You will define and develop quality standards and procedures, in conjunction with operating staff, review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements, ensure that standards and procedures are implemented and followed in the Registry and the participating countries, engage with data processors and staff to secure good data management practice, monitor performance, and present the results at the bi-annual international Registry meetings (January and June each year), coordinate and execute the data quality programme, which includes visits to the centres in Europe to validate the data onsite (on a spot check basis) and ensure the Registry documentation is ready for auditing in close cooperation with the international Registry team and participating collaborators.
- Master’s or an equivalent degree
- You have at least 3 years of work experience in a data management position(s) in healthcare and/or the pharmaceutical sector
- You have good analytical skills and the ability to structure your work
- You have experience in dealing with large volumes of data
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You have good communications skills
- You can work independently and are also a team player
- You have excellent computer skills (MS Office) and an understanding of database design
- You have GDPR knowledge
- You are willing to travel abroad
- Opportunity to work within a small, motivated team overseeing a large international network
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate "audit familiengerechte hochschule")
Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Volunteering is encouraged in Hessen. If you are active in an honorary capacity, please state this in your application documents if the honorary position is conducive to the intended work. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
PD Dr. Lutz Naehrlich (email@example.com) is available to answer any questions you may have about the advertised position.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online form by October 19th, 2021 indicating reference number 468/11. We look forward to receiving your application.