Business Development Director
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
BioPhorum’s mission is to create environments where the global biopharmaceutical industry can collaborate and accelerate its rate of progress, for the benefit of all. Ranked as one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times for 2020, BioPhorum continues to go from strength to strength.
In these very challenging times, we are uniquely positioned to help the global BioPharma industry collaborate on some of the most significant challenges it has ever faced. Our established remote working model makes us agile and resilient and has enabled us to expand the support for our members at this crucial time, helping them navigate these challenges via a collaboration platform they trust and value.
We are now looking for an experienced business development professional to join our growing team. This person will likely have a background in technical operations within pharma / biotech and have a clear understanding of the biological drug manufacturing process, and the challenges. They will also have a track record of revenue growth and demonstrate strong customer and partner relationship management.
· Conduct independent research using the most appropriate sources to provide information on market trends and applications, as well as competitive activities
· Support prospecting of new members by gathering information on companies and key decision makers based on strategic requirements and project briefs
· Analyse and interpret research findings to qualify leads, uncover opportunities and generate insights: communicate findings to stakeholders
· Understands member needs and challenges to develop value propositions; propose the best BioPhorum solution and/or identify cross-selling opportunities.
· Demonstrate strong team working ethos with a high degree of motivation to work autonomously from a home-based office
· Record activities and client information in the CRM database on a daily & timely basis
· Creating and present accurate, insightful, impactful and persuasive reports and present to stakeholders
· Project professional image of BioPhorum with clearly articulated messages
· Bachelors or Masters/Ph.D. degree.
· Knowledge and experience of biological drug manufacturing
· Sales and/or technical support experience
· Ability to close deals by utilizing internal resources in an effective manner
· Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, CRM, and social media
· Strong communication skills – good listener and observer with the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, verbally and in writing to any audience
· Demonstrated abilities in listening, negotiations, teamwork and persuasiveness.
This is a full time, home-based role, with plenty of intellectual challenge and stretch built-in, as well as offering opportunity for progression as we continue to grow. So, if you share our mission to be a global influence in biopharmaceuticals, why not get in touch.