- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Home Based – UK
c£65,000 plus benefits
RBW is excited to bring you another opportunity to join a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the development of the strategy for Analytics, Reporting and Metrics building in line with overall Business Information Services strategy leveraging visualization tools/business intelligence platforms.
You will be responsible for various activities including the following: -
- Handling both routine and ad-hoc data-provisioning requests for complex downstream analysis
- Ensuring data is prepared & structured based on scope of requirements and creating the model for delivery
- Performing exploratory analysis and determining patterns in the data that may present problems during analysis in its native form.
- Determining outliers within the data and adjusting, removing or inputting missing data to ensure data is clean and fit for analysis
- Leveraging business intelligence tools including Spotfire for exploratory analysis and data review
- Liaising, advising and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for the development and implementation of capabilities to make provisioning of requests more routine, structured and efficient
- Contributing to initiatives that enable faster and more effective data modelling/analysis and provisioning
- Ensuring systems, code, and documentation are inspection ready
You are a solutions orientated, analytical and customer focused individual with a global business mind set and a strong background in operational excellence!
To be a success in this position you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math’s, Statistics, Science or Computer Science
- Advanced skills in R or Python - we are looking for an expert in these areas
- Clinical Trials experience is essential - we will not consider applicants from other industries for this position
- ETL (Extract Transfer & Load), SQL and Data Warehouse experience
- Experience of Data Wrangling, Data modelling, Data Analysis/Data Quality
- Understanding of statistical principles/analysis
- Experience or familiarity with business intelligence visualization tools a business intelligence visualization tool, from MS Excel through to Spotfire / Tableau / Power BI, would be an advantage
- Interest in or Understanding of Data Science techniques would be an advantage (machine learning, AI etc.).
Apply for Data Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly