Technical Specialist - Compound Management
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Our Compound Management team have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Principal Technician at our laboratories in Chesterford Park, Saffron Walden. You will be working as part of a growing team, using a range of state of the art liquid handling automation to provide high quality samples for experimental testing; supporting all projects running within Charles River Early Discovery globally, from Hit Identification through iterative Lead Optimisation campaigns aimed at discovering new medicines for our client’s projects.
Within Early Discovery at Charles River, we hold our own large screening libraries for delivery of High Throughput Screening campaigns, along with managing and curating proprietary libraries for our Clients, using industry-leading sample management software and informatics knowledge and technology to deliver a fast, efficient and quality service.
You will work in a challenging and dynamic environment that will provide the ideal opportunity to learn new and/or develop existing skills in informatics, project planning, advanced robotics and contribute directly to progression of multiple drug-discovery projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the forefront of innovative projects, working with some of the leading life science organisations globally in the discovery of new, novel therapies.
• Managing incoming work order requests, processing them and allocating them to the appropriate teams within biology
• Scheduling necessary work plans for the teams, liaising effectively with other departments to ensure the work is assigned to the correct teams and updates are effectively communicated
• Skilled use of laboratory robotics and automation to maintain high throughput and quality are maintained
• Accurate use of LIMS, able to input orders, maintain accurate records and generate SOPs
• Apply previous knowledge of wet lab work to deciding on the scope of the work required for each project
• Lab based training and mentoring of more junior colleagues
• You will have significant Compound Management operational experience
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate with other departments
• Considerable experience with the use and troubleshooting for Tecan, Echo and Mosquito systems
• Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task and maintain accurate and up to date records
• Expertise in LIMS, KNIME and Mosaic for order processing and inventory management
• Further experience with SQL within Compound Management also highly advantageous
• Demonstrable involvement with process improvement implementation in a high throughput environment
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 350 patents and 80 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Apply for Technical Specialist - Compound Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- R & D £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden
- Bioinformatics £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden
- Biology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden
- Biotechnology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden
- Laboratory £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden