Senior Scientist - DMPK
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are looking for a proactive team member to join our multi disciplinary integrated drug discovery team as a DMPK Senior Scientist at our Cambridge site in the UK. You should be driven by a desire to provide expert scientific input to individual projects whilst troubleshooting issues, implementing new efficiencies. A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery and therefore we look to recruit the best and brightest employees.
You will need:
• Demonstrated practical experience of ADME assays and bioanalytical techniques; generation of high quality data is key to our continued success.
• An aptitude for understanding the impact DMPK data on drug discovery project progression and a desire to become a key contributor in integrated project teams.
• A passion for science; an interest in designing and performing mechanistic, bespoke studies to answer specific project related questions.
• An interest in new technology; an understanding of recent advances in the ADME field, being able to propose when and where these technologies should be investigated and or implemented, in line with business need.
• A desire to continually improve existing assays and processes to meet new standards or advances in scientific knowledge; essential to help us deliver the best to our clients.
• To be data driven; confidence in making data based decisions and further recommendations are key to successful troubleshooting.
• Attention to detail; getting it right the first time and quality control are at the heart of what we do.
• The ability to manage your work across multiple projects.
• Strong organization and time management skills alongside an inbuilt flexibility to adapt to change.
• Excellent communication skills and be an effective team player; these will be essential to successful execution of projects whilst working in a matrix and multi-skilled environment
• A desire to develop; the varied nature of our work offers opportunities to grow both your practical and project support skills
In return, you will have the opportunity to be part of a talented, multi-disciplinary team who are:
• Working in a collaborative environment supportive of flexible working
• Dedicated to partnering with our clients to develop quality candidate molecules
• Supportive of each other every step of the way
• Involved in the early stage drug discovery process
• Culturing an environment that empowers change to fulfil your ambitions and goals
• Working in our newly appointed laboratories based on a countryside science park close to Cambridge city center.
You will receive a total reward package that includes generous company pension contributions and the option for private medical and dental insurance. Full relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Applicants must have existing Right to Work in the UK before being considered.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 350 patents and 80 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Apply for Senior Scientist - DMPK
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly