Team Leader - Immunology
5 days left
- Experience Level
Charles River (Portishead) is keen to hear from motivated and experienced project leaders who want to join an immunology and infection specialist CRO that utilizes cutting-edge techniques and in-depth expertise to deliver state-of-the-art cell biology assays. Our clients include a broad range of global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and Charles River supports them throughout the drug discovery process, from early hit identification through to clinical trials.
This opportunity would be ideal for a proactive immunologist with a proven track record in drug discovery project management looking to advance their career by inspiring a growing multidisciplinary group. You will shape a teams' scientific direction to better understand the efficacy of a wide range of therapeutic modalities and drive projects which aim to solve the molecular and cellular mechanisms underpinning immuno-oncology. The core role of this lab-office crossover manager position will be to oversee the design and execution of studies that realize the potential of the next generation of immunotherapies. This will include the characterization and validation of complex immunological assays through the implementation of ex vivo and in vitro models (e.g. immune cell mono/co-cultures, ex vivo phenotypic analysis, genetic/pharmacological intervention, cell engineering and biomarker analyses of early phase clinical trials). A background in techniques such as IncuCyte, MACS sorting, 18-flow cytometry, Luminex, Nanostring, ELISpot, qPCR, Lentiviral delivery, high content screening and culture of primary immune cells is essential.
• Post-doctoral or Industry background with extensive management experience and a strong understanding of immunology
• Track record of leading large complex immunology focused drug discovery projects, ideally in the C>, immune-oncology, autoimmunity or inflammation fields.
• Independent scientific leadership experience
• Strong communicator and excellent people skills
• Extensive background in planning and developing people, managing resources and an awareness of finances
• Experience in disseminating scientific discoveries internally and externally
• Ambition to discover novel therapeutics through collaboration
• Well organized and self-motivated to deliver high quality data sets to tight deadlines
• Ability to interpret data sets, generate concise conclusions and advise on next steps
• Extensive experience with immune cell isolation and cell culture
• Compliance to protocols and all applicable SOPs
• Experience of guiding scientific strategy
• A clear grasp of the drug discovery process
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
All applicants must have the existing Right to Work in the UK before being considered.
Apply for Team Leader - Immunology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly