Project Leader - Biophysics
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Charles River are looking for Senior and Principle Biophysical Scientists with experience in the application of Surface Plasmon Resonance in drug discovery to join our Structural and Biophysics team at Cambridge, UK. Successful candidates will play an influential role in shaping our drug development programs in close collaboration with our clients. Working across multiple disciplines CRL early discovery scientists have helped, deliver over 80 pre-clinical candidates. As a world leading CRO you will be work with a wide range of therapeutic disease areas, target classes and various therapeutic modalities. We are looking for top candidates who will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced dynamic CRO environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The role will be largely laboratory based, working as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will be responsible for providing biophysical data on protein-ligand binding to support drug discovery projects across our therapeutic areas and, in collaboration with project teams, present critical data to clients. You will also develop and execute fragment screens to deliver quality data to progress hit identification and lead stand-alone biophysical projects. You will also have opportunities to contribute towards strategies expanding the groups technologies and capabilities.
The role is delivery focused and requires the ability to independently develop rational experiments and trouble shoot when required. You will lead by example and support and mentor team members as required. Dependent on experience other responsibilities will include project management and client key contact roles.
• Ph.D or equivalent experience in the application of Surface Plasmon Resonance to characterisation of protein-small molecule interactions
• Extensive experience with proven track record of delivery to progress drug discovery projects (ideally in an industrial setting)
• Expert with Surface Plasmon Resonance systems preferably Biacore and data processing packages
• Ability to work effectively on multiple projects within multi-disciplinary teams.
• Excellent communication skills with effective presentation of work and data to project teams and clients
• Ability to problem solve, work independently and deliver to deadlines
• Experience in mode of action studies using biophysical techniques
• Experience of application of other biophysical techniques (DSF, ITC, NMR), ideally gained in a drug discovery environment
• Experience of fragment based screening
• Experience of protein expression (E.coli, insect cells or mammalian) and purification using commonly used chromatography systems
• Track record in project management, ideally drug discovery focused, further experience in a client facing role would be highly desirable.
All applicants must have the existing Right to Work in the UK to be considered.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 350 patents and 80 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Apply for Project Leader - Biophysics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- R & D £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden
- Biology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden
- Biotechnology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden
- Proteomics £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden
- Project Management £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Saffron Walden