Group Leader - Biology
3 days left
- Experience Level
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Charles River are looking for a dynamic and influential Group Leader, who is ready to advance their career to the next level by joining our growing Biology team. The role can be based at either our Saffron Walden or Harlow sites, although you will be expected to interact across the CRL Early Discovery sites and with a diverse range of clients across the world.
The appointed Group Leader will be a key member of the Biology Operational Management Team providing strong scientific, operational and leadership to multiple teams.
Main tasks & Responsibilities:
• Line management of up to 6 direct reports (scientific staff) in accordance with company directions and policies. Responsible for performance reviews, succession planning, development and training of team members. Ideally you will have a proven track record in leading and motivating small teams in an industrial setting, although individuals with informal experience at supervising and developing individuals within a screening or drug discovery environment are encouraged to apply.
• To mentor and coach direct reports in achieving their potential and advancing their careers
• To ensure that all relevant reports operate in a safe manner at all times and ensure compliance with CRL site-based safety and compliance guidelines
• To guide junior members of the team in technical aspects of Biology, troubleshooting assays and techniques and aiding in assembly and presentation of complex datasets to our clients
• Contribute to the management and performance of the Harlow Biology team by taking on selected responsibilities
• Leading scientific projects and project teams aimed at maintaining client satisfaction as well as delivery on project objectives and financials
• You will be familiar with one or more aspects of drug discovery and be able to work across therapeutic areas in order to apply these skills to ongoing and new projects
• A dynamic and flexible approach towards achieving client-based objectives and meeting challenging deadlines is required, as is the ability to communicate confidently and concisely with clients via teleconferences, presentations and written reports.
• In addition to leading your own projects, you will be comfortable communicating across CRL sites in order to drive efficiencies and enhance best practice. As a representative of the biology team, you will also work closely with our Business Development teams in order to establish client needs and provide guidance to appropriate methods of achieving their goals with regards to skills available across CRL and secure new business
The ideal candidate will have experience of the drug development process and potential screening cascades. Planning and executing biological assays to investigate novel targets in a range of assay formats, biochemical, cell-based and translational biomarker assays will be key to the role. These skills will be demonstrated by your experience in the various phases of drug discovery projects, from target validation, to HTS, Hit2Lead and Lead optimisation, you will have a track record of success in the projects which you have worked on. Candidates with existing experience in integrated projects will be at a significant advantage, although those with an ambition to move into this area, with significant experience of complex biology, informal mentoring and development of junior colleagues, are also encouraged to apply.
All applicants must have existing right to work in the UK before being considered.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 350 patents and 80 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Apply for Group Leader - Biology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- R & D £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Harlow
- Biology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Harlow
- Biotechnology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Harlow
- Laboratory £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Harlow
- Scientific £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Harlow