Senior Scientist - HTS
5 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist Bioassays and High-Throughput Screening for our Early Discovery site located in Leiden, the Netherlands.
The Senior Scientist will proactively contribute to multiple drug discovery programs with scientific and technical knowledge of high-throughput screening (HTS) to ensure that program objectives are met. The types of cellular screens in the different research programs may vary but is not limited to small molecule compound library screens of up to 1 million compounds or whole genome genetic screens often using human primary cells. You will be part of projects within different research programs and therapeutic areas. All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, international research environment that provides an excellent career opportunity for a motivated senior scientist. In addition, the person in this role will also be expected to become part of the screening support team to ensure high quality support to the site and individual projects and provide input on best practices.
The following are responsibilities related to the Senior Scientist Bioassays and High-Throughput Screening position:
• Design and develop biological (complex cell based) assays independently;
• Apply appropriate automation of biological assays (up to 1536-well format) where needed in own projects and projects of other teams;
• Perform comprehensive data analysis using specialized software to process HTS and concentration-response data (e.g., Dotmatics Vortex, Genedata Screener, IDBS Activitybase);
• Translate experimental data into biologically meaningful information, based on excellent data analysis skills;
• Provide scientific, technical and strategic input to ensure liquid handlers and robotics are meeting the business requirements by maintenance, repairs, upgrades and purchases;
• Lead HTS projects for our clients and interface directly with clients and internal customers to understand the needs and deliverables, and define appropriate strategies that will achieve the scientific goals;
• Act as a role model by demonstrating effective communication, project management and representation of Charles River Labs.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Senior Scientist Bioassays and High-Throughput Screening position:
• You have a MSc with at least 5 years of working experience or PhD with at least 2 years of working experience, preferably in a CRO or Pharma/Biotech environment;
• You have a strong background and hands-on experience in high-throughput screening and automation of cellular or biochemical assays;
• You are experienced in a wide range of technologies/assays required to develop or validate small or large molecules and / or cell therapies, e.g. cell-based assays with luminescent/fluorescent readouts. Hands-on experience with the following is a plus: cytokines-based assays, primary cell culture, qPCR, or high content analysis;
• You work accurately, precisely and are familiar with quality management systems;
• You like to work in a team and you are fluent in English.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 350 patents and 80 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Apply for Senior Scientist - HTS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- R & D €30,000 - €39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Leiden
- Biology €30,000 - €39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Leiden
- Biotechnology €30,000 - €39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Leiden
- Laboratory €30,000 - €39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Leiden
- Scientific €30,000 - €39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Leiden