Senior Scientist - Manger Analytics
- Experience Level
Yoh Scientific is working with a fast-growing International Biotechnology company which continues its ambitious scale-up following a $10 million recent investment. They provide the most complete set of solutions in integrated early discovery to mid-phase biotherapeutic and drug development services in the pharmaceutical industry and work with some of the top R&D and Pharmaceutical firms in the world. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a relatively young organization as they successfully build on their friendly and collaborative team, and focus on developing your career in a company with a strong track record in staff L&D.
The Analytics team provides solutions and developments concerning all areas of research including: antibody and characterisation, quality attributes of biopharmaceuticals, protein-formulation screening, and immuno-peptidomics. You will be supporting the biotherapeutic research activities, the Analytics lab is equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation.
The role will involve:
- Independently designing and carrying out routine and complex experiments as necessary
- Performing complex/novel techniques
- Contributing to the planning/development of complex experiments of line reports
- Analysing and interpreting own data and those of line reports
- To be responsible for the quality of own work and those of line reports
- To prepare data for, contribute to and lead the drafting of reports and presentations
- To contribute to and lead internal and client meetings
- PhD or an MSc (or a lower level of qualification and relevant experience) in Protein Biochemistry or related science discipline
- Previous management experience within a Senior, Lead, or Managerial position.
- Strong laboratory skills
- Experience in an industrial or commercial environment (protein PQA analytics and peptidomics predominantly)
- In-depth understanding of protein analytics
- Practical research experience with analytical characterisation techniques such as column chromatography, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, microfluidics and LC-MS.
- Software experience on Chromeleon, Unifi, or MassLynx.
- Excellent understanding of protein analytics as well as its application in biotherapeutic drug development.
For more information, please contact Max Ridden on 0118-989-7639 or Max . Ridden @ Yoh . Com