Business Development Executive
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Recognized as one of Forbe's 2020 World's Best Employers and named to Fast Company magazine's list of 2021 Most Innovative Companies, Labcorp is seeking to hire a Business Development Executive to help identify and shape opportunities for our continued growth for our state of the art facility based in Shardlow, UK.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Global Testing Services team of a leading global life sciences company that advances patient health and powers clear, confident decisions through its diagnostics and drug development offerings.
The Diagnostics Business Development Executive is a field-based sales position tasked with growing revenue for Labcorp Drug Development's Shardlow Diagnostic Testing Laboratory. An emphasis on expanding client base to healthcare systems, academic medical centers, and reference labs. Focus will be on overall revenue growth for Covid PCR testing initially with expansion to additional Diagnostic assays as laboratory scales services.
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
- Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
- Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the labs COVID testing capabilities.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
- Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
- Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
- Leads client presentations.
- Supports an established client base where appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in life science or business field preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Covance from competitors
- Strong working relationship with internal Covance management and site leadership
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
- Negotiation skills: direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Highly consultative
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Strong knowledge and network within Diagnostic space
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning and reporting
- A minimum of 4 years of Diagnostics sales (or relevant) experience with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers required