Principal Statistician - Research
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Principal Statistician (Non-Clinical)
Permanent Role - Germany
Umbilical Life are shortlisting to source a Principal level Statistician for one of our key clients based in Germany. This Pharmaceutical requires an expert who will lead the methodological and Statistical aspects in Research in a small specialised team. The role is highly collaborative and advice led and would suit a highly innovative Statistician.
- Address scientific issues within drug discovery using existing and new innovative statistical methods through collaborating closely with internal and external partners.
- Designing experiments to address scientific questions clearly and accurately.
- Deliver statistical methodology training.
- Communicating statistical concepts, design recommendations, and the results of statistical analyses clearly and accurately to others.
- Validate the statistical aspects of Specific Pharmacology Reports written by scientists for the Dossier for all programs.
- Lead statistician on multiple complex projects regarding Non-Clinical Efficacy and Safety (NCES) related Research activities with minimal direction from group head.
- Working with other statisticians on internal department initiatives, e.g. to develop specific technical or consulting skills, new processes, etc.
- Reviewing literature and writing simulations to evaluate statistical methods for application to drug discovery problems.
- Representing our statistics team in collaborations with other internal statistics teams and scientists.
- Contribute to the implementation of end-user statistical applications for routine analyses within labs.
- Represents statistics in regulatory meetings
- Represent statistics in cross function working groups.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Biostatistics or related field.
- Experience with developing new statistical methods to improve the design, analysis, and interpretation of scientific studies.
- Ability to collaborate well with statisticians and scientists from other disciplines.
- Strong user of SAS/R (R-Shiny).
- Explain novel and standard statistical methods clearly to scientific and non-scientific colleagues.
- To evaluate, recommend, and implement statistical tools for addressing scientific problems.
- Experience in Pre-Clinical & Research Development.
- Experience with some of the following techniques; Bayesian Statistics, Mixed Models, Machine Learning Algorithms, Experimental Design, Analysis of high-dimensional Data, Linear and non-Linear Regression.
For a confidential discussion please contact Jonathan Cunliffe at Umbilical on +49 3221 421 9777
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany
- Data Management / Statistics Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany
- Biostatistics Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany
- Informatics Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany
- SAS Programming Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany