Medical Affairs Manager
- Experience Level
My client, a global pharmaceutical company have a new opportunity for a Medical Affairs Manager.
The Medical Affairs Manager is responsible for leading a team of MSLs, the establishment and building of strong working relationships with Irish Key Opinion Leaders, facilitating a mutually beneficial two-way exchange on the products, disease area and wider specialist medical arena within which the client operates.
Also responsible for communication of medical and clinical information on all the products covered by the company, both pre and post launch in compliance with the IPHA Code of Practice and through additional assignment to LSO role- all pharmacovigilance, medical information, and medical affairs activity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The MAM recruits, leads and develops a team of MSLs
- All activities below will be carried out directly or via team leadership of MSLs
- The MAM will have expertise in and knowledge of products, patient treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the Disease Area and be expected to continuously update this expertise and knowledge
- The MAM ensures MSLs have the right level of expertise to be the first point of contact for the sale’s professional teams, for complex medical questions that require in depth medical knowledge.
- The MAM will support Management in the training of Sales Professionals by providing in depth medical and scientific disease area and product knowledge.
- The MAM will develop and maintain strong working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, in accordance with the strategy developed by the Company to gain insight into treatment patterns, the scientific activities taking place within the Disease Area and the needs of health care providers in the Disease Area.
- The MAM will ensure appropriate responses with accurate scientific data to unsolicited scientific questions from Physicians for Products/Brands are provided.
- The MAM will develop and contribute to scientific presentations (e.g., abstracts or articles based on secondary data)
- A PhD is strongly preferred; however, a degree must be gained in one or more of the following disciplines: medicine, nursing, pharmacy, or the pharmaceutical/life sciences.
- Experience of working in a similar role, clinical research, or other similar role where you have strong evidence of leading healthcare professional interactions.
- Strong commercial acumen, facilitating the strategic alignment of company goals and achievement of target with KOL activities, ensuring that KOL/OL interactions are approached in a manner and direction which facilitates the overall company objectives.
- Ability to perform effortlessly as a member of the senior management team of a small affiliate with a can-do attitude and a strong sense of leadership and presence always displayed.
- Full driving licence
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software products
- Must have proven experience of presenting complex scientific information to HCPs at varying levels including Thought Leaders
- Ability to learn about new therapy areas and environments quickly and comprehensively.
- Knowledge of the Irish Healthcare System and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of working in the cardiovascular market
- Working experience of the IPHA Code of practice relevant to the role is desired
- Advanced presentation skills