Associate/Scientist - Flow Cytometery
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are looking to recruit a highly motivated Associate Scientist with experience in flow cytometry to join this clients Imaging Team in the new HQ in Cambridge.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Within the Imaging Team, you will collaborate to play a role in the validation of this company's antibodies in flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry and immunohistochemistry.
- Has a solid understanding of principles, literature and methods in flow cytometry (FC).
- Take project work, breaking it down to tasks and scheduling those for yourself/ other team members and ensuring delivery on time.
- Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping.
- As an experienced scientist, you will contribute to ideas and the establishment of protocol and protocol improvements. Be proactive in their validation, optimisation and documentation and take responsibility for validating new assay protocols and their integration into standard work streams.
- Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
- You will actively seek to improve testing conditions for individual antibody products and product groups to best demonstrate their performance.
- A team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the team and other teams within the company across the globe.
- Outstanding organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- You will require a MSc in a life sciences field or equivalent.
- It is necessary for the candidate to have experience of flow cytometry, to include multi-colour experiments for immunophenotyping and isolation of primary cells (murine and human).
- It is necessary for the candidate to have experience of cell culture, cell treatments, experimental design and workload management.
- It is necessary for the candidate to have experience in using antibody reagents.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have a PhD in a life sciences field or equivalent qualification or significant industrial experience.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have experience in immunocytochemistry and imaging using confocal microscopy or High-content Analysers.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and risk assessments.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have previous evidence of managing multiple projects.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.