Trainee Histology Scientist - £1000 Sign on bonus available
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you looking for a career in science?
Do you want a comprehensive training and development plan to help progress your career?
Do you want the opportunity to work for a global organisation to help improve lives and improve health?
***Successful external candidates will be eligible for a £1000 sign on bonus as well as a competitive salary and benefits package***
As a Trainee Histology Scientist within the Laboratory Operations team based in Eye, Suffolk, your role will mainly be within our histology section and your main responsibilities will be:
- Perform routine Histology on all species
- Learn to identify key organs and sample specific areas through these tissues
- As part of the process you will learn to embed tissue
- Be given specialist training to learn Microtomy
- Training to be given to learn staining techniques
- Once fully trained, successful applicant will have ownership of own work
There may be opportunities to cross train in the other sections of Lab Operations. These include:
- Performs routine macroscopic necropsy techniques for all species.
- Trim and retain all organs from all species.
- Performs caesarean necropsy techniques.
- Performs external and visceral fetal examinations.
- Performs non-routine tasks such as freezing tissues.
- Preparation of consumables e.g. slides washing, pot filling.
- Sample preparation for routine sperm analyses.
- Staining and cover slipping of slides.
- Preparation of reagents and sample processing for skeletal examinations.
- Prepare Bouins fixed rat/mouse fetuses and rabbit head serial sections using a freehand serial sectioning technique.
- Specimen archiving.
If are looking for a role where you will receive first class training and have the opportunity to develop and progress, then we would like to hear from you!
What Labcorp can offer you
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributorypension.
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Ideally you will be educated to BSc (Hons) in Biomedical/Biological Sciences.
Experience: Minimum Required:
None specified, although it is anticipated that a limited range of cellular pathology procedures will have been conducted as part of previous academic studies.