Laboratory Support IT Analyst
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Location: County Limerick, Ireland
Our client provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services when applicable.
This role works seamlessly with the lab computing environment.
* Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
* Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes
* Administers and assures connectivity of customer's operating System based platforms
* Manages Lab Computing aspects of On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
* Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: the lab environment and customers' needs
* Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
* Ensures adherence to client's corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
* Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers and external vendors, but not limited to, on-boarding, retiring, troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues
* Provides technical Subject Matter Expertise for new system validations and change management efforts
* Supports management in the development and implementation of training initiatives for Services personnel
* Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
* Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC's, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
* Submit weekly Engineer reports to the team lead by COB on the last business day of the week
* Responds to software/hardware related inquiries
* Escalates IT issues that are not resolved via regularly identified support channels.
* Shares technical and process updates among client and internal teams as needed.
* Participates in client team meetings
* Provides support to the service delivery teams as needed
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Life Science or equivalent industry experience
* 2+ years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing and backup systems
* Experience with virtual machine support
* Experience with scientific instrumentation
* Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
* Knowledge of laboratory safety practices.
If you are interested and feel you have the right skills then please apply to this role.
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.