Medical Director - Oncology/Hematology
- Experience Level
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
We are currently looking for a Medical Director - Oncology / Hematology for our Medical Affairs Department in Mannheim, Germany or Reading, UK or Sofia, Bulgaria.
Joining our Medical Affairs Department working in a fast-paced, client-focused global environment the Medical Director's specialist expertise is called upon throughout the entire lifecycle of a project and as such the Medical Director plays a pivotal role in our business and project teams. Alongside Business Development the Medical Director is a key contributor in raising our business profile to ensure we are the preferred partner for our clients with support on their projects.
As well as sharing your vast medical expertise at investigator meetings, kick-off meetings, and client face-to-face meetings other responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a strong consultative relationship with the client throughout the project lifecycle
- Providing input into the creation of the protocol and other study-related documents
- Participating in discussions with regulators, key opinion leaders, senior management and our clients
- Delivering training to external project teams and colleagues
- Reviewing medical data on the indication, inclusion / exclusion criteria and other medical issues to ensure our overall project deliverables are achieved and patient safety priortitised
- Collaborating with our Drug Safety teams to evaluate Serious Adverse Events and to develop Safety Management Plans, Pharmacovigilance Plans and Risk Management Plans
An expert in your field with an affinity to lead and inspire.
We want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable success in this position you will have the following:
- A medical qualification with license to practise and board certification
- Experience in the desired therapy area is essential, ideally with experience in phase II-III projects either in industry or as an Investigator
- Experience writing clinical study reports, poster presentations, and manuscripts for publication in a scientific journal is preferable
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.