Principal Method Development Scientist - LCMS
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Agilex Biolabs is a Regulated Bioanalytical laboratory which offers specialised services supporting drug development for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset. It is through our employees’ integrity, expertise and hard work that we can provide high quality bioanalytical services. We are committed to providing a challenging and stimulating environment where what our people do matters.
As a member of Agilex Biolabs, you will be a part of an expert team supporting exciting drug development in the pursuit of a healthier world. We offer training and career development opportunities to build the skills and progress the careers of our employees.
We are seeking to recruit a Principal Method Development Scientist - LCMS who will be responsible for high level development of LCMS Bioanalytical Methods for mainly New Chemical Entities (NCEs).
This is a permanent full-time position, based in Thebarton, Adelaide, South Australia.
The position offers a competitive salary, and for suitably qualified and experienced interstate candidates relocation assistance is on offer.
For suitably qualified and experienced overseas candidates, visa sponsorship support and relocation assistance is on offer for them and their family.
- A culture which respects, values, and celebrates the wonderful diversity of it's people
- Flexibility and work-life balance
- Training and career opportunities
- Attractive remuneration
- A collaborative, and fun team environment.
Key responsibilities include
- Development, transfers and pre-validation assessments of assays of complex and difficult assays.
- Communicating with external clients on project status and scientific issues.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders on project status and timelines.
- Liaise with operational groups to ensure smooth transition of methods into validation.
- Lead troubleshooting and technical investigations of analytical methods.
- Author and/or review of Analytical Laboratory Methods (ALMs).
- Scientific review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Providing scientific input into assay development, troubleshooting and incorporation of regulatory guidance’s.
- Reviewing new projects, as required.
- Mentor of R&D staff as scientific issues arises throughout development of assays.
- Training of R&D staff.
- Managing workload and studies autonomously.
- Support and deputise for the R&D Manager, as required.
- Remain current with scientific and technology advances.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Ordinary degree in the appropriate discipline.
- 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry / Contract Research Organisation (CRO) working in regulated Bioanalytical laboratory.
- Expert in LCMS development, with at least 5 years’ experience in this discipline.
- Demonstrate efficient problem solving and scientific data interpretation abilities.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver tasks on time and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to set priorities, analyse problems, formulate clear and effective solutions and coordinate a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated initiative, trust and reliability and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with clients on high level science issues.
- Proven ability to maintain strict adherence to client confidentiality issues.
- Willingness to work in and be supportive of a positive and dynamic team culture.
- Experience in a GLP environment, acting as Study Director or Principal Investigator for an analytical phase of analysis (desirable).
For further information on this opportunity and our company, please go to: www.agilexbiolabs.com/