Senior Veterinary Biomedical Scientist - Haematology
- Experience Level
Purpose of the role
This role is for an experienced colleague who will support the expansion of the in-house test portfolio.
My client supports pets all over the UK with over 300+ veterinary practices to date and is this number is constantly growing. Each practice is supplied by the expanding laboratory based on the outskirts of London. The company is committed to providing your pet with exceptional care. Using state-of-the-art technology, they are able to treat a large number of conditions that might affect your pet. The workload is interesting and varied.
- Specimen reception, specimen analysis, data entry, handle telephone queries from clients.
- Review and release results through the LIMS system
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with specimens or analytical equipment
- Critically evaluate results obtained with iQC and EQA material
- Prepare and review SOPs when requested by Section Head
- Contribute to staff and student training and development
- Participate in the evaluation of new equipment and methods
Must have experience
- A degree in Biomedical science or a related discipline
- A few years of experience in a high throughput diagnostic laboratory focusing on haematology
- Competent in blood film microscopy, and performing manual differentials
- Experience working within a quality management system
- Experience with the following analysers would be welcome, Sysmex XT2000i, Sysmex CA660 coagulation analyser
- Knowledge of blood physiology
- No prior experience with veterinary specimens is required
In house training, competitive salary and a very friendly work culture