Medical Affairs Director - Hepatology
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
This Medical Affairs Director – Europe – Hepatology / Liver role is responsible for providing medical support to achieve the objectives and strategies of the clients international medical, clinical, sales, business development, and marketing teams. By providing the necessary professional medical presence at client interactions, at regional scientific conferences, and in discussions with key opinion leaders, healthcare institutions, and potential biotechnology partners, the director ensures that the client’s products and services are appropriately presented to and contextualized for customers and patients.
The Medical Affairs Director role requires a deep understanding of liver disease, and the current clinical trends, local standards of clinical care, and client expectations of services related to hepatology.
- Identify and develop relationships with key opinion leaders and with professional practice committees across Europe
- Supporting evidence generation for regulated product launches
- Collaborating with clinicians to generate data and publications to promote wider clinical use.
- Interact with biopharmaceutical partners to generate data prior to product launch, to provide ongoing support, and help navigate regulatory issues
- Providing direct medical support to international sales and marketing teams with strategic planning of yearly and long-term goals
- Identifying and securing scientific collaborations. Responding to incoming international collaboration requests and client inquiries in coordination with medical affairs program managers
- Host and help organize speakers for professional education at international events
- Engage with local committees, societies and associations to drive discussions surrounding clinical utilization, product requirements, and establishment of local guidelines
- Delivering academic presentations at conferences
- Presenting at meetings with healthcare systems, third party payors, academic institutions, and others
- Preparing strong RFPs in response to opportunities in collaboration with medical affairs liaisons
- M.D. Ph.D. degree with expertise in clinical hepatology / Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology / Critical Care / Intensive care related towards Liver Disease
- Demonstrable academic experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, CRO, Biotechnology or CRO industry advantageous
- Experience in clinical trials advantageous
- Strong communicator
- Fitness to travel
Reach out if you’re interested to learn more: