Senior Back-End Engineer (Java) - Labregister (m/w/d)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We are looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer (m/w/d) to accelerate the development of our newest product!
About the job:
- You will be a core member of the engineering team of our newest product (Labregister)! While it requires a lot of dedication and ownership, you can also expect to grow in your strengths and take early responsibilities on a new product.
- You will be responsible for designing, developing, improving, and maintaining the whole backend architecture of our web application in coordination with the platform team.
- You will be responsible for full-cycle development - writing clean code with unit and integration tests, making continuous improvements to the codebase, creating proper documentation, including API documentation aimed at our users.
- You will mentor other developers in the team
- You will follow agile practices, work as a team and ensure timely delivery, therefore you will take part in daily standups, planning sessions and code reviews.
- You will find a lot of interesting technical challenges around data integrity, versioning, scalability, performance, integration with our other products, advanced search, authorization/authentication, accessibility, etc.
Our current tech stack:
Back-End: Java 11, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, REST API, Elasticsearch, AWS S3
Other: GitHub, CircleCI, AWS, Docker, Gradle, IntelliJ IDEA, VS Code
- At least 5 years of software development experience in Java with relational (or non-relational) databases, REST API development and usage in a team setup with modern tools (like Jira, Github, CircleCI, AWS, etc.)
- Experience owning backend architecture for a production web application with substantial user base
- Experience with some of these technologies: Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, AWS S3, Elasticsearch, Gradle, Docker
- Experience mentoring backend engineers
- You value, understand and apply solid software development fundamentals
- You are looking forward to working for a startup and are ready to take ownership, work autonomously and grow together
- You are eager to learn new things regardless of your experience level and happy to work as a part of a product focused team.
More searches like this
- Information Technology £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany
- IT Architecture £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany
- Programming £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany
- Operations £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany
- Security £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Germany