Clinical Development Medical Director - Multiple Sclerosis
- Experience Level
I am currently collaborating with a top global pharmaceutical company who are seeking to expand their global strategic neuroscience drug development team with a Neurologist who has academic and research expertise specifically within Neuroimmunology (Multiple Sclerosis).
My client has a broad, well-funded and constantly expanding neuroscience portfolio across the areas of Neuroimmunology, Neurodegeneration, Neuromuscular and the Movement Disorder spectrum.
If you are a Neurologist with a demonstrable academic background within the neurological field for example: Multiple Sclerosis and Neuromyelitis Optica or related disease areas, please read below.
- Lead the Therapeutic Area Medical Team at the International Multidisciplinary Core Teams and take clinical development responsibility for the assigned projects.
- Accountable for the medical oversight of the clinical trial program during development, study conduct, analysis and reporting as well as for the continuous benefit risk assessment.
- Medical leadership in regulatory meetings and for the submission strategy, and contribute to the assessment of safety related issues and to regulatory dossiers
- Chairperson or as part of the cross-functional Global Clinical Development Team / Medical Sub team and as a medical project representative at advisory boards, adjudication committees and at clinical trial data monitoring boards.
- Approve publications within your projects, develop new business strategies and acquire new assets
- Development Review Committee responsibility for assigned molecules in the portfolio
- Identify the need of studies to be conducted and you provide input to Medical Affairs strategy documents such as Scientific Platform, Publication Plan, Product Maintenance and Optimization Summary.
- Use your medical expertise to ensure timely progression of the clinical trials to ensure that novel therapeutics can be brought to the market and to the patients in need.
- Medical doctor (M.D, MBBS, MBChB or equivalent)
- PhD advantageous
- Significant Clinical Research experience in neurology related to Neuro-immunology, ideally Multiple Sclerosis
- Industry experience not necessary we seek true clinical expertise
- Fluent in English with very good communication and presentation competencies
- Demonstrated competence as a Study Director / Medical Monitor / Research Physician / Clinician Scientist / Principal Investigator / Sub-Investigator / Clinical Researcher / Medical Advisor / Study Physician / Clinical Development Physician and prior experience working with the FDA or EMEA on responses to inquiries for study related information is not required but is preferred
- Comprehensive salary
- Enhanced bonus scheme
- Long term incentives
- Car allowance
- Relocation package
- Travel allowance
- 30+ days holiday
- Complete relocation package
- Clear development pathway
- Senior, strategic, role within a global pharmaceutical company
Following your application Adam Bloomfield, a specialist Pharmaceutical Recruiter with over 3 years’ experience recruiting in the field will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. He will be more than happy to answer any questions relating to the industry and the potential for your career growth. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities, which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Adam
Bloomfield for any further information.
Adam J. Bloomfield
Principal Consultant - EMEA
Email: abloomfield (at) barringtonjames.com