Product Manager - Australia
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
As a result of our continued growth and an internal development move, Vifor Pharma has an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join the marketing team in Australia. The position is based in Melbourne and you will report to the Marketing and Partner Alliance Director. This is a truly unique opportunity to play a key role in the expansion and transformation of Vifor Pharma.
Your tasks and responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to the following:
Operational and Commercial Activities
- Responsible for the development and execution of the annual brand plan which includes the tactics and budget for the current year
- Be compliant with the QxP system outlined in the quality manual active for the affiliate
- Ensure compliance with Medicines Australia Code of Conduct requirements
Local Company Strategy Implementation
- Lead the products' CBT
- Lead brand planning including strategic development and execution efforts
- Develop and provide continual updates to marketing plans and processes
- Work closely with the Business Analytics and Insights Manager to provide suitable basis for strategic and tactical marketing decisions
- Plan and manage Healthcare Professional Conferences in Australia and internationally where required. Liaise effectively with the Marketing team to assist in planning for conferences
- Maintain an agreed annual conference schedule
- Plan and execute on activities around cycle meetings with the Sales Team, including promotional material development, training and implementation in the field
- Identify, plan and execute market research projects for the portfolios
- Provide inputs on sales forecasts as required. Provide input into the Vifor budgeting and planning process and monitor progress of the marketing expenses budgets
- Perform any other duties as required
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent.
- This position requires a qualification / degree / skills in medicine, pharmaceuticals, marketing or similar
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role in pharmaceutical marketing within Australia
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a brand strategy
- Demonstrates strong communication skills in English with ability to efficiently and productively communicate orally and in writing
- Good knowledge of marketing techniques including digital marketing, collateral development, industry conference promotion and public relations.
- Understanding of the legal and ethical issues affecting the promotion of new and existing products within the Australian Medicines Code of Conduct
- Possess strategic planning and organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project and event management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Medical) and global peers
- Displays strong organization and time management skills; reliable in completing tasks and delivering on commitments in a timely manner
- Acts as supportive and collaborative team member in line with VIFOR Pharma values
- Able to demonstrate capability to priorities & operate under pressure.
- Results oriented and yet flexible and sensitive to the needs of others in handling conflicting priorities.