Graduate Project Finance Analyst
- Experience Level
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
We are recruiting for a Project Analyst to join our team. Your role is to ensure the financial integrity of the ICON project finances. Through support of the Project Manager, and for your assigned challenging portfolio, you will manage the projects to maximize profitability and revenue for ICON, whilst minimizing ICON’s financial and operational risk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project Budgeting and Forecasting - Manage the monthly project forecasting process, liaising with project personnel and offering timely resolution to issues and omissions. Understand and Calculate Revenue Recognition and provide insight to senior management on project movements compared to forecast and contract.
- Contract Change Management - Ensure we have client approval prior to commencing non-contracted work.
- Co-ordinate and prepare pricing and manage delivery of the change document and legal contract to the sponsor.
- Be prepared to provide guidance on client pricing and contribute to change-order negotiations.
- Performance Management - Understand and investigate project profitability and operational efficiency performing value-add and behaviour changing analyses of actuals compared to contract and forecast.
- Ad hoc analysis - as required by the project team or senior management to ensure that you remain a value added member of the project team, understanding any of the above and making a difference to project performance and delivery.
- Billing - Ensure that all billing take place on a monthly basis and are escalated to senior management for any issues.
- Review unbilled positions on a monthly basis, take actions to ensure that all items are billed promptly and forecast and manage project cashflow.
- Investigator and Pass Through Payment Budgets - Ensure that we have sufficient cash funds to meet our obligations as they fall due.
- Forecast and authorize payments plus reviewing and managing vendor spend advising where change is required
- You will hold a degree in finance related subject such as finance, accountancy, finance or a related subject.
- Keen interest in studying for a professional qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA) and seeking a global employer who is keen to support their further studies and personal development.
To really excel in this role, the quality that will take you and ICON forward is your commercial acumen, sound business mind and drive to develop. If you think you have these qualities and the professionalism that is key to ICON, this is your chance to shine in a fast growing, international environment that recognises talent and hard work.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.