Engineering Technician - Operations
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Fixed Term Contract Engineering Technicians - Operations
Opening date - 22/06/2021
Closing date - 13/07/2021
Do you have a passion and expertise in Engineering? Would you like to apply this in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
In Operations, we have a big ambition - to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out of the box thinking.
Our partners in Grunethal have increased the sales in our Zomig product and until we exit this part of the business at the end of 2022 we need enthusiastic, committed technicians to stay with the product until exit and possibly plant decommissioning. Positions will therefore be offered on a FTC or FTO basis depending on current employment status with an end date aligned to product exit.
If successful in this role, there would be an expectation that you would remain in role until the end of the FTC / FTO.
As an Engineering Technician we will expect you to deliver and sustain business objectives through providing engineering (Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation) expertise to maintain equipment / systems, resolving problems and implementing improvements whilst being in compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) and Financial requirements.
Working within a highly compliant and regulated industry you will ensure that GMP, and SHE regulations are adhered to at all times.
You'll be responsible for maintaining various pharmaceutical assets in accordance with maintenance strategies and schedules of work.
You will be expected to provide timely response to breakdowns, customer requests, fault-finding and problem solving using approved methods and managing improvement activities as part of our continuous improvement culture.
Using lean and manufacturing tools (such as RCM, RCA and CBM) you will actively participate in and deliver continuous improvement activities.
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering field
- Experience in Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation subject areas (Maintenance and Fault Finding)
- Experience of working with automated machinery
- Operating knowledge of procedures and compliance with GMP & SHE requirements
- Familiar with CMMS (SAP PM) Knowledge of IT systems where appropriate e.g. Drawing/Document Management Systems, Microsoft office, Building Management Systems, PCs, PLCs
- Knowledge of Reliability Centred Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis and of Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of Project / Change management
Further details on shift patterns will be discussed at interview stage.
These roles are internally aligned to SA91 Grade 10
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a phenomenal Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your ambitious spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.