Senior Formulation Chemist – Gene Therapy - Biotech
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We have an exciting opportunity available as a Senior Formulation Chemist at a hugely exciting novel biotechnology company based near Macclesfield, England. This is a fantastic role for an experienced and passionate chemist looking to develop a new class of RNA targeted therapeutic in a fully patient centric organisation reporting directly to the Chief Scientific Officer.
Laboratory based focumlation Chemist forming a crucial part of the research team aimed at formulation of lead APIs for preclinical and clinical applications.
- Establish and refine the research strategy for novel gene therapy therapeutics
- Formulation of oligonucleotides, peptides and biologics for in-vivo studies via various delivery methods such as intravenous and oral
- Conduction of extensive stability and compatiability testing of novel APIs and formulations. Including oligonucleotides, peptides and biologics.
- Become the focal point for the development and production of procedures required for the formulation and fill and finish as well as their impact on the synthesis processes.
- Development and implementation of Quality Control testing protocols for formulation and reagents
- Support the transfer of Quality Control processes through development to scale-up for gene therapies
- Effective work and coordination of GMP large-scale manufacture of APIs whilst aligning losely with the Engineering team to develop formulation, fill and finish materials to faciliate automated solubilisation and delivery of oligonucleotides, peptides and biologics
- Author technical documents, for example: QC reports, test protocols and validation documents in support of the product manufacturing process requirements.
- Stong motivation to benefit the end user of the therapeutic. A patient centric mentality.
- Passion for colaboration in an ethical, honest and transparent work environment
- Experience with production and delivery of high purity API in the pharmaceutical setting
- Ideal - Experience with formulation of phosphoramidite or phosphorodiamidate chemistry particularly in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics.
- Ideal - Experience with DNA/RNA synthesis; experience of QC testing, chemical reagent synthesis in a commercial settings
- Ideal - Experience with Peptide synthesis; experience of QC testing, chemical reagent synthesis in a commercial settings.
Following your application Simon Trebilcock, a specialist scientific recruiter with over 7 years’ experience recruiting in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology sector with a MSc in Molecular Biology will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Simon Trebilcock for any further information
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - +44 (0)203 928 6632.
About Planet Pharma
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.