Senior GMP Chemist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Leading Pharmaceutical Contract Research Organisation seeks an experienced Senior GMP Chemist.
About the role:
The company are looking for an experienced manufacturing- based chemist. Complete tasks independently whilst solving more complex problems. Demonstrate consistent application of knowledge of scale up and GMP to support own laboratory work and occasionally, work of others. Write up records to the required, high standards.
Follow Health and Safety procedures at all times: demonstrating acceptable knowledge of, and compliance with, company policies. Protect the Intellectual Property and confidentiality of the company and that of external customers. Develop an understanding of the requirements of both internal and external customers including the importance of working to deadlines.
Co-operate effectively with other colleagues through respectful, positive communication. Aware of the impact of own actions on the customer and colleagues. Demonstrate flexibility in adjusting work plans, working with self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Duties may include:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Company's policies, procedures and legal obligations regarding Health, Safety and the Environment. Challenges anyone who is not following GMP procedures.
- Demonstrates good technique for reaction design, set up, analysis and work up. Independently selects most appropriate purification technique and is competent in the use of all methods. May provide experimental guidance to more junior colleagues.
- Demonstrates good understanding of scale up chemistry. Can identify and suggest solutions to more complex problems; includes contingency plans. Proficient in carrying out advanced searches using the available scientific databases.
- Monitor reactions effectively using most appropriate method. Interprets all analytical data accurately, identifying unexpected products. Requires minimal support in the interpretation of complex data.
- Completes GMP records in accordance with procedure or specific customer requirements: recording sufficient, accurate and clear information.
- Conducts all communication in a professional and positive manner. Proactively provides updates to manager. Communicates proactively in meetings. Listens to the opinions of others and responds positively to feedback.
- Independently plans day/week and creates effective milestone plans, considering urgency and cost. Able to multitask, maintaining focus on higher priority targets. Proactively identifies where issues may arise and shows flexibility when work plans/priorities change.
- Visibly contributes to achieving the team's goals. Proactive in completing communal tasks.
- Protects Intellectual Property of the company and customer at all times. Takes responsibility for meeting customer requirements. Aware of the overall business needs and will highlight any conflict between this and the customer requirements.
- Progresses all tasks with the appropriate sense of urgency. Assists with routine admin tasks.
Skills and experience:
- Hold a PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry or a BSc/MSc in chemistry with clear, demonstrable and relevant laboratory experience.
- Have excellent team-working and communication skills.
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a pro-active way.
- Ability to work as part of team, keeping the customer at the forefront of work at all times.
- High level of self-motivation.