- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are recruiting for a Molecular Biologist to join a biotech organisation on a permanent basis in London. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced environment suited to initiative-taking individuals who can contribute to and successfully work in a multidisciplinary team.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- You will work within the Molecular Biology Team to genetically engineer the DNA starting material for dbDNA™.
- Your principal role will be to genetically engineer plasmid DNA starting material using creative and effective strategies that sits in line with clients' needs but also allowing the best attributes of the downstream process to be harnessed.
- Any other assigned duties - for more information on this role please get in touch!
- Requires a degree level qualification in molecular biology and/ or a minimum of two years of industrial experience in a molecular biology related discipline.
- You have robust experience with DNA purification techniques at varying scales, using kits and/ or self-packed hardware.
- At least 2 years of experience in cloning DNA including but not limited to generating own strategies, creating theoretical sequence maps, primer design, PCR, bacterial transformation, and amplification.
- Applicants should be well-versed in gel electrophoresis apparatus for DNA analysis and software for sequence analysis.
- Knowledge of running restriction digests, agarose gels and analyzing data is a must.
- Experience in aseptic technique and controlled environments.
- Familiarity with industry quality standards such as ISO/ cGMP is desirable.
- Experience working within a Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) or Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) environment is highly advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to design experiments independently and document key information in report formats.
- Must therefore be engaged with science, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
- Clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team environment.
- You are proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.