COVID testing – Laboratory Scientific and Operations Manager
- Experience Level
We have an exciting opportunity available as a Scientific Operations Manager at a COVID testing facility based in South Wales. The position is a mix of scientific and operational responsibilities leading a team of 4 laboratory managers. This is a fantastic role for someone with prior supervisory experience who is looking to join in a senior role within a large global company with genuine career progressions upward as well as diagonally into other areas.
- Management of the operations of laboratory personnel ensuring specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed in an accurate and efficient manner; the results of which are reported in a timely fashion.
- Creation and maintenance of the laboratory’s operational SOPs in collaboration with the laboratory, innovation and quality specialists.
- Performance of pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test processes and the evaluation of results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
- Evaluation of data for accuracy and verification of any questionable findings with proper documentation, through thorough investigation and appropriate follow through.
- Assistance with designing processes and procedures ensuing efficient durn-around time and accuracy of results
- Management of incident investigations and CAPAs
- Engagement in continuous process and service improvement. Making and implementation of recommendations to improve operational efficiency and the implementation of new services.
- Strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results.
- Lifescience degree. PHD or Masters.
- HCPC registration
- Experience in a supervisory role is essential. Ideally 5 years+
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation (ideal)
Following your application Simon Trebilcock, a specialist Scientific and Executive Search Recruiter with over 7 years’ experience recruiting in the field will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. Eager to both give insight into the future of the opportunity and company but also learn more about your vision for your career growth. If desired Simon would look to remain in contact to alert you to opportunities which align with your interest and career plans.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Simon Trebilcock for any further information
Email - email@example.com
Telephone - +44 (0)203 928 6632.
About Planet Pharma
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.