Senior Clinical Project Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
This position is available office based in London or home based in UK, Spain, Germany, Netherlands and Norway.
The EU SPM is responsible for providing operational oversight of assigned UBC projects. The EU SPM will have a leading role in planning, coordinating and completing project work. The EU SPM will work closely with external clients/sponsors, internal project team members, vendors, and suppliers to ensure satisfactory delivery of contracted services and achievement of contracted milestones for assigned projects. The EU SPM will ensure that projects are conducted in a timely manner to achieve project goals within defined budgets.
Specific Job Duties:
- Oversee all aspects of project conduct from start-up through close-out
- Serve as the UBC primary contact with the sponsor for all project related items
- Manage project budget and resource expenditures including invoicing, analyzing cost variances, out-of-scope management, and conducting revenue recognition.
- Develop project plans to achieve contracted milestones (i.e. project plan, risk management
- plan, site management & monitoring plan, training plan, communication plan, etc.)
- Monitor project progress against the established plans and ensure compliance with plans
- Ensure Trial Master File (TMF/eTMF) is maintained and audit-ready on ongoing basis
- Completion of departmental oversight trackers for projects (e.g. functional resource forms, project review form, project execution checklist)
- Present project information at bid defences, client meetings and UBC internal project governance and review meetings
- Formally and informally serve as mentor to a junior PM staff member
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a clinical, scientific, or related field, with an advanced degree desirable, or sufficient, relevant job experience, or another relevant education
- Minimum of 5 years direct project management experience at a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) or at least 8 years of clinical trial experience
- Has proven working experience and understanding of working within clinical research
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills
- Able to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and workload of project team members
- Very good presentation skills
- Has experience with leading, liaising and coordinating cross-functional project teams
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting