Senior Osi Pi Engineer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Zenith Technologies, now a Cognizant Company is a world leader in delivering digital transformation solutions to Life Sciences. Through our knowledge and expertise in Automation, MES & Digital, we deliver stable manufacturing systems that are optimised to improve operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining compliance. Our specialist engineering teams have the aptitude to deliver and support Pharma 4.0 architectures and solutions covering all IT, OT and IoT applications, infrastructures and services.
Operating across 5 continents and with over 850 skilled employees, Zenith partners with the leading Life Sciences companies globally to provide performance improvements, reduced costs and improve time to market. We are your single end to end partner for consultancy, design implementation, optimisation and support for all applications in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing stack.
We’re looking for dedicated, innovative and driven talent to join our expanding team.
“Innovation and change, Join ZT”
About the role:
Zenith Technologies are looking for an OSI PI Engineer to join our OSI team for a site-based project in Cork. The Senior OSIsoft PI Software Engineer needs to have an in-depth experience of OSI Data Historian Systems, Control Systems and Process Analysis.
The successful candidate should have an extensive background in Software Engineering with experience in systems analysis and software development within the pharmaceutical industry.
He/she should be highly motivated, an innovative thinker and self-starter, with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Designing and implementing highly reliable and large-scale systems with HA collectives and federated designs
- Installing, configuring, validating, and tuning PI Server and interfaces
- Implementing analytic solutions with PI Asset Framework Analytics, PI ACE, PI Notifications and Performance Equations
- Experience with PI Event Frames and PI Batch setup and configuration
- Working with PLC and DCS-based control systems, building management systems, and/or energy management systems
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (minimum 3-year program).
- Solid understanding of the OSI PI system architecture with 4 year plus experience in PI System implementations
- Experience with Windows system administration (Server 2008/2003/2000)
- Good technical knowledge of network security and TCP/IP protocol
- Good technical knowledge of networks and related hardware and software
- Superb analytical and troubleshooting skills and methodical approaches to solving difficult problems
- Database skills- familiar with SQL and Oracle databases and scripting
- OSIsoft trained and certified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member, but can also work alone, unsupervised
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- Passion for quality and excellence
- Enjoys customer interaction