Senior IT Automation Infrastructure Engineer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Senior IT Automation Infrastructure Engineer, Cork – JO1951
About the role:
The successful candidate will have solid IT infrastructure fundamentals and experience in deploying technical solutions. S/He will be responsible for managing specific IT infrastructure, with a strong focus on server and workstation platforms.
The position will work within a team that provides support to IT, Lab and Automation business areas. Candidates will be required to have excellent communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to work on their own initiative. Experience of working in a pharmaceutical API manufacturing operation is desirable.
- Project work will include building servers, building domains, configuring network switches, Cisco firewall management, building workstations, NIC to switch patching, rolling out apps (like Dell OM, SolarWinds IP monitor), Building SMTP relay servers, Cybersecurity work, building and configuring WSUS environments.
- Supporting existing Automation infrastructure (Dell Servers, Cisco Network switches/routers/firewalls, QNAP NAS, Industrial switches, Cisco wireless APs, Windows Server OS’, Windows Client OS’, Server & client hardware, cabling infrastructure etc...)
- Day to day support: Trouble shooting issues/faults on automation infrastructure (network, cabling, servers, workstations, app issues, operating systems issues, etc...)
- Installing and configuring windows client workstations (Windows XP, Windows 7)
- Installing and configuring windows servers (w2k3, w2k8, w2k12)
- VMWare and HyperV support
- OS security Patching
- Cyber Security
- Installing and configuring various automation apps (e.g. Emerson DeltaV)
- Disaster recovery planning, design, testing, implementation and documentation for automation infrastructure & systems
- Installing and configuring network management apps (e.g. Dell Open Manage, Cisco Network Administrator, Solarwinds IP monitor, etc...
- Infrastructure Security (antivirus, OS Patching, basic security auditing, etc...)
- Managing & Supporting Automation infrastructure projects (installation of new networks, switches & switching, routers & routing, wireless networks/APs, servers, workstations, OS installs)
- Installing and configuring Cisco network hardware (primarily switches)
- Installing Ethernet network segments
- Copper & Fibre network patching
- Building test & development automation networks and systems
- Supporting test & development automation systems
- Managing test and development systems windows domains
- Cat 5e/Cat 6/Cat 7 UTP & FTP Cable make up and patching
- Documenting the automation infrastructure systems and support (SOPS, Validation, Verification, etc….
- 6+ years’ experience in I.T. with the main key areas of experience required being:
- Extensive Windows OS’ & windows networks support
- Non-Complex Cisco networking experience (Engineering & Automation networks are quite simplistic compared to business networks)
- Server/Workstation installations
- Virtualization (HyperV & VMware) – Primarily HyperV
- Some exposure to Cyber Security (e.g. AV, OS patching, IPS, Firewalls)
- Tech writing / Systems documentation (e.g. some or all of: URS, DDS, FDS, Validation, verification, developing IOMs, tech user guides)
- A Primary degree in I.T. related area is a big plus
- Any/all the other items in the detail spec below would be an advantage