- Experience Level
Leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requires an experienced Production Manager with experience working to a high level of GMP experience.
About the role:
- To provide daily leadership and management of a small production team, warehouse team and a maintenance engineer.
- To ensure all the activities within Pharmaceutical and Food/Beverage manufacturing are compliant to current procedures with regards to Quality, Health & Safety and Customer requirements.
- To lead operational excellence and continuous improvement activities - act as a champion at a site leadership level
- To ensure that the weekly and monthly production plans are met.
- To lead the improvement of manufacturing processes and ensure changes are appropriately controlled
Duties may include:
- To be a leader and model for GMP and associated positive behaviours
- To provide leadership for quality and compliance through early investigation of any deviations, putting in place effective CAPA to prevent repeat incidents
- Participation in regulatory and customer audits
- Improvement of workplace organisation and housekeeping with tools such as 5S to maintain audit readiness
- Daily management of EHS in manufacturing and warehouse areas
- Appropriate General, COSHH and Manual Handling risk assessments are in place
- Drive a culture of engaged employees using continuous improvement
- Set and monitor appraisal objectives for the Production Team Leader, Warehouse Lead, Site Engineer. Oversee Operators objectives & general performance
- Mentor, train and develop operational team members
- To set and deliver the monthly budgets for manufacturing & warehouse both in terms of staff and overhead spend
- To continuously improve manufacturing processes to improve 'right first time' compliance and to reduce cost of waste
- To meet the agreed plan and deliver quality product to customers in the agreed timelines (On Time Delivery)
- To organise and manage the manufacturing and engineering teams to deliver an efficient service to both internal and external customers.
- Work with BD and R&D teams to support new product development Responsible for Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Cost control and Customer Delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring that all manufacturing and associated areas are compliant to GMP
- Adherence to the manufacturing plan, investigating misses and putting in place necessary improvements to avoid recurrence
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a Manufacturing and Operational environment in Natural Products, Pharmaceutical or Food/Beverage Industry.
- Ideally Degree educated - scientific, engineering or operational management preferred
- Proven track record in leadership of manufacturing teams
- Experience of working in an Operational Excellence culture including Daily Accountability, Visual Management and 5S management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Health and safety performance - accidents and lost time
- Right First Time - Quality and Performance - Zero defects/Zero Major deviations.
- Adherence to the plan.
- On Time in Full - Customer Satisfaction.
- Downtime and efficiency performance
- Inspection ready at all times
- Development and mentoring of team and core competencies/behaviours
- Production overhead expenditure
- Taking Ownership: High personal accountability for personal actions and those of site employees
- Passion for Quality: Walks the talk regarding Quality insisting on correct practices, processes and behaviours
- Excellent Customer Service: Strives to and delivers customer requirements and communicates importance to the wider site staff
- Continuous Improvement and Delivery: Seizes every opportunity for site and individual improvement. Introduces continuous improvement processes and elevates their importance
You will be joining an extremely well established and growing Pharmaceutical Manufacturer.