- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are currently working with a Biotech organisation in London who are looking for a Bioprocessing Scientist to join them on a permanent basis. Our client is determined to develop possible curative treatments for patients who are living with serious illnesses.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- To perform production processes, following SOPs and GMP practices to manufacture required products.
- Proficient in the use of aseptic manufacturing techniques to assure the manufacture of intermediate sterile products.
- Operate to appropriate GMP practices within clean room environment to assure continued compliance within those areas.
- Carrying out the day-to-day monitoring of the GMP facility to ensure that the facility operates in a compliant and safe manner to allow the production of gene therapy products at the required standards.
- Perform routine cleaning of the manufacturing facility.
- Perform the environmental monitoring of the manufacturing facility.
- Ensure that the organisation's manufacturing facility and storage areas are maintained in a fit-for-purpose state.
- Conduct regular stock checks and assist in the maintenance of the stock inventory.
- Assist in stock control including ordering against defined specifications and receipt of materials, appropriate storage of starting biological products, (Quality Control QC) approval and release of materials for use.
- Any other duties/projects as are responsible and within the skills and ability of the post holder.
- Either BTEC HNC/HND or degree in a relevant scientific discipline with practical laboratory elements (or equivalent) or relevant previous experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical product manufacture (preference for biologics and aseptic manufacture).
- Good understanding of GMP.
- Practical experience of sample preparation and analysis.
- You will need to be numerate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) preferred.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.