- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
My client, an Agri-Food company based in Monaghan, is recruiting for a Horticultural Scientist to join their team!
The Scientist is a key role within the Horticulture Research Programme at the company. Reporting to the Principal Scientist- Horticulture, the Scientist will be part of projects that aim to define the next generation of sustainable mushroom production.
This company is looking for a bright minded, pro-active person to join our team to lead a number of their horticulture projects. Applicants must have strong practical experience working on horticulture projects.
The deliverables of the Scientist role include:
- Be responsible for specific deliverables within research projects
- Trial design and management
- Sampling and samples/ data analysis
- Development and validation of methods as required
- Development of technical reports and presentation of data to team members and other stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications
- BSc in Horticulture/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology or related is essential
- MSc in Horticulture/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology or related is preferred
- A proven track record in scientific research
- Previous experience in working in dynamic teams
- Must have some industry experience (6+ months)
- Must have full clean driving licence
- Possess excellent computer skills including databases, excel, word and statistical packages
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills as well as being team focused
For more information and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Tel: +353 1 2784671