Senior Scientist - Immunology (Treg's)
- Experience Level
My client, an exciting T Cell Biology firm in the West of London is currently looking to build a new R&D team as part of it's current plans for hyper growth during 2021. This is a well funded and exciting firm with amazing projects on the horizon. As such we are looking for a Senior Scientist with expertise in Treg's to come in and help build and manage a small team of researchers to bridge the gap between R&D and Manufacturing.
- Design, develop and lead complex research assignments.
- Supervise and train a Scientist I and a Research Associate.
- Manage multiple projects and work cross-functionally.
- Provide technical expertise for assay setup, protocol optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Critically analyse data in a timely manner and present findings at team/departmental meetings.
- Maintain highly organised and detailed documentation of experimental procedures and assist in establishing relevant SOPs.
- Collaborate and coordinate work with other teams to meet deadlines and goals.
- Stay up-to-date with literature and new technologies within the cell therapy field.
- Manage and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert in immunology.
- Provide guidance and training to new or junior staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in Treg biology.
- Solid understanding of immunology and immunotherapy.
- Extensive experience in immunological assays.
- Demonstrable expertise in Flow Cytometry.
- Resourcefulness in overcoming challenges and possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Work co-operatively as part of a team and manage multiple priorities.
- Detail-orientated and a meticulous record-keeper.
- Experience in training and managing Scientists and Research Associates.
- PhD in Immunology or related subject and a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry and/or academic experience
For a full job spec and more information please reach out ASAP!