Medical Scientist (home-based)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We are currently working with a top pharmaceutical organisation who are recruiting for a Medical Scientist to join them on a contract basis where you will be required to work remotely in the UK. Our client is focused on delivering innovative medicines to patients. For more information on this role please get in touch now!
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- To ensure the clinical strategy is translated into the development of the study concept document, study protocol and related documents.
- To work together with Clinical Operations to ensure the timely initiation and delivery of clinical trials.
- Responsible for the relevance and accuracy of clinical science underpinning of clinical study based on detailed scientific review and consultation.
- Responsible for the clinical and scientific leadership and integrity of protocols and/or components of clinical plans.
- You will support or lead interactions with global medical affairs, marketing companies, commercial, and regulatory functions in collaboration with GCH/GCPL to ensure cross functional input into protocols.
- Develop relationships with appropriate consultants and key external experts, study sites, and utilize these relationships to obtain feedback on protocol design, as well as study training, study execution, and interpretation of study results.
- Contributes to the development of Medical Oversight Plan, study level safety reviews and study-level medical monitoring activities.
- Contributes to the review and interpretation of clinical data (HLRs) and the development of content needed for governance committee interactions seeking Go/No Go decisions.
- Contribute to advisory boards to ensure there is engagement with site specific KEEs to ensure robust study designs, recruitment strategies.
- Contributes to technical review of protocols with governance bodies such as DRC and PRC.
- Accountable for the clinical and scientific input into a study and for the quality of the clinical data.
- Ability to grow and maintain a high level of expertise in oncology therapeutic area.
- Drug Development/Clinical Development Planning: Demonstrates the ability to undertake the planning, and timely organisation of components of the clinical development plan and work with other functions to achieve successful study initiation and execution.
- Ability to drive/contribute to protocol design, writing and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree with focus on life sciences or equivalent.
- Industry or academic experience in drug development.
- Detailed knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and other regulations governing clinical research.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of methodology in the design, conduct, review and interpretation, and presentation of clinical research.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.