Clinical Laboratory Data Manager II
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our Central Laboratory Services (CLS) Global Data Management department is looking to hire a Data Manager to join our expending team. The position can be located in UK or in Belgium.
The main responsibilities Include:
- Engage client data management during start up activities which includes:
- Contact clients for initial study discussion and determine authors of Data Transfer Specifications (DTS). Provide recommendations and alternatives to optimize data quality
- Review Statement of Work (SOW) for study scope.
- Ensure start-up packet delivery to clients.
- Collaborate with clients to finalize Data Transfer Specifications and obtain final client approval on Data Transfer Specifications (DTS
- Create standard data transfer format(s) in compliance with client requests while adhering to both internal processes and regulatory standards
- Build and modify Data Transfer formats, including creation of test data as needed.
- Perform Quality Check (QC) test files, and deliver test files to clients
- Obtain client approval and store auditable documentation.
- Provide ongoing client support (study maintenance) which includes:
- Participate in study-related meetings.
- Collaborate with clients regarding study modifications, and new service requests.
- Confirm changes and send files as needed.
- Address errors and client issues including queries.
- Collaborate with Project Management proactively and reactively regarding study questions
- Facilitate Data Management functions of end-to-end data lock processes.
- Maintain auditable documents.
- Partner with other Covance departments and business units, and provide integrated support and process improvements as needed.
- Represent Global Data Management in client visits, audits, inspections and bid defenses as needed .
BS/BA four-year degree or equivalent education, or 4 years Covance experience
- Customer Service experience.
- Data Management and/or Clinical Trials experience.
- Pharma and/or health industry experience preferred
- Ability to use standard Microsoft suite of software products.
- Conversant with databases and database terminology.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Strong organizational, planning and critical-thinking skills.
- Well-polished, inclusive, and engaging communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong negotiation skills to facilitate, guide, influence, and produce a unified approach within a global, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner under demanding conditions .