Team Leader - Device Integration Engineer (m/w/d) Node.js
- Experience Level
Labforward is a technology start-up developing ground breaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
Labforward builds software products for laboratories and scientists. We are looking for a Team Leader (m/w/d) to help bring our IoT platform, Laboperator to the next level. If you are a technology geek willing to work in a vibrant startup with its own products, apply now!
The position can be filled in Berlin, Karlsruhe or remotely in Germany.
About the job:
- Leading the team that specializes in the development and maintenance of a large collection of in-house drivers for numerous scientific devices
- Managing software releases and deployment topics related to the team's work
- Planning the software development cycles and managing backlog
- Together with the team, working on the embedded systems code structure and architecture to increase performance and improve integration with our web application
- Collaborating with other teams to meet our users' expectations
- Ensuring continuously high quality and compliance of the team’s work and output
- Following agile practices, work as a part of the team and ensure timely delivery
Our current tech stack:
- Industry technologies: SiLA, OPC UA, Modbus, RS232, REST, XML
- Experience in design and development of standalone Node.js software outside of the web development domain
- Looking forward to working for a startup and ready to take ownership, work autonomously and grow together
- Good communicator, not afraid to ask questions and eager to learn from others
- Comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English).
Nice to have:
- Experience developing for the Raspberry Pi or similar platforms
- Knowledge of serial/network protocols and device/sensor integration
Come join our passionate team and make a difference for science with us!
Please apply through the links on the career page of our website (applications received via email will not be considered).
In addition to your CV (in English) and portfolio/online profiles, we prefer to work with focused questions rather than a formal cover letter. Even if you don't tick all the boxes, please tell us:
1. How does this job corresponds to your expectations?
2. What would you bring in the team?
3. What do you think of our products?
You can provide as many details as you wish, and do not worry if you may not know enough about our products - we will be happy to elaborate on that during the initial call!
Please, no recruiters!
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matter - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.