Scientist - Biophysicist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior have an amazing permanent position within a leading pharmaceutical organisation who are committed to providing life-changing therapies that can be developed for use in health services throughout the world. Our client is looking for a Scientist - Biophysicist to join them on a permanent basis in London.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- You will work in a matrix-team environment contribute biophysical expertise and influence the design and planning of laboratory work.
- Plan, write and execute scientific protocols, maintain accurate records, and manage data in line with company policies.
- Undertake laboratory and computer-based development activities at London Guy's and support innovation work at the MIC in Braintree and MC in Stevenage across a range of projects.
- Laboratory-based activities are not limited to the application of analytical techniques for biophysical characterization of systems of interest.
- Collaboration with process and analytical development scientists within academic and industrial settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced matrix-team environment, maintaining a high standard of work.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a strong focus on attention to detail with limited supervision.
- High degree of motivation, problem solving skills and innovative thinking.
- Takes initiative when required but keeps others informed of decisions.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of thermodynamics and kinetics in biophysical systems.
- Excellent Knowledge of experimental methodologies for biophysical characterization.
- Educated in a PhD or MSc with at least 3 years industrial experience.
- Extensive experience in biophysics/physical chemistry.
- Previous experience in the application of physical theory and mathematical approaches to understand nanoscale and/or biophysical systems.
- Previous experience of the application of experimental methodologies for characterization of nanoscale and biophysical systems and their interactions.
- Extensive knowledge of intermolecular and surface forces, interactions and in particular their role in nanoscale biological systems.
- Knowledge of biochemistry.
- A demonstrated interest in complex systems.
- Good programming skills in a language such as Python, C++, C, Matlab or R.
- Working knowledge of machine learning approaches.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.