Customer Service Team Lead (German & English Speaker)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The purpose of the role is to be the lead on key customer accounts, managing the commercial relationship and sales growth and the current team of two direct reports.
In this role, you will be supported and managed by the Customer Service Manager for the UK, ROW and other key markets.
To be considered for this position you will need:
- Fluent Language ability (both written and verbal) in German and English.
- Current or very recent experience of account management in customer service and/or sales.
- Experience of line-managing a small team.
- Strong commercial/business acumen.
- Ideally, experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
The opportunity can be broken-down into the following headings.
Customer account development will include:
- Oversee the delivery of country plan KPIs within agreed timeframes.
- Retain and maximize revenues from existing key accounts through relationship management.
- Consistently maintain account development plans for each key account.
- Agree process and manage customer tenders, price agreements and sales contracts ensuring timely follow up before expiry to ensure customers are retained.
Customer account leadership will include:
- Support Account teams to develop customer account objectives in conjunction with country plan.
- Action tactical and strategic business plans encompassed into country plan, ensuring that Account teams are supporting the internal customer goals.
- Provide a professional and polished competitive service to own customer accounts and develop team to do likewise, following up any queries and confirming customer satisfaction.
- Achievement of individual, team and where relevant, project-specific KPIs (regular assessment and refinement where required)
- Develop effective working relationships with other Account Leads to maintain consistency of approach across teams and knowledge share.
- Develop effective working relationships with other teams to ensure Customer Services Department delivers the appropriate service by attending, cross functional and core project team meetings.
- To escalate any additional team training requirements to line manager and continuous improvement team
- To work closely with Continuous Improvement to ensure that there are no breaches in KPI or SLA agreements, and implementation of all corrective actions with respective team members.
- Create and maintain a positive, motivational working environment within the team
Customer delivery will include:
- Ensure an effective project integration process for every new product into customer services
- Ensure that all customer service training for programs are conducted using a briefing document, developed by Continuous Improvement and approved by the program magement lead ensuring that any further client additions or content are included into the briefing document and action plans.
- System training is to be conducted using test applications before going live for new team members and for all new programs.
- With the support of Continuous Improvement, conduct any side by side coaching of team members to ensure that process, verbal and written language including data capture and customer communication is being delivered to, or higher than the KPI expectations and standards.
- Be available for all queries, complaints and escalation points and ensure that the programs do not operate out of client scope or outside of agreed process. Escalate to Program Manager/Customer Service Manager accordingly.
- Attend required meetings and report progress to internal stakeholders for any activities agreed to be carried out. Agree actions and follow through to conclusion.
- Review new programs after 2 weeks of activity and recommend/suggest process improvements. Flag any risks identified. Continue to review existing programs and create value.
- Regular meetings with program management to review the data, customers, queries and success rate of the program.
- Agree actions and follow through to conclusion.
Team development includes:
- Direct responsibility for the leadership and personal development of the Account Exec team
- Ensure all direct reports have comprehensive personal development plans, linked to objectives. Carry out performance reviews with direct reports, monthly (Products and Programs) and biannually (PDR’s) Ensure working knowledge of all products, programs, systems and processes to allow effective personal support of your team members.
- Working as part of a management team, establish team development plans to develop skills and capabilities.
- Ensure positive influence on customers leading to increased orders
- Close working with finance/credit control team to achieve/exceeds expectations from customer feedback
For other language jobs within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life-sciences industry more broadly please apply now.]]>