Registered Nurse (Call Center) - AbbVie
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Job Title: Registered Nurse (Call Center)- AbbVie
Provides telephonic professional nursing services in support of client funded contracts. This includes: telephonic patient support and resource, referral source, data collector and nurse educator to patients, consumers and healthcare professionals.
Specific job duties:
• Adheres to principles as stipulated by program specific contractual agreements and company practices which may include: Patient Support: Make outbound phone calls to patients who have opted into a patient program, make additional calls as directed and be available to support these patients by phone at all other times. Receive inbound phone calls from patients, healthcare professionals and consumers and provide a professional resource for inquiries. Resource: Answer patient, consumer and healthcare professional questions and suggest appropriate resources patients. Referral Source: Make appropriate referrals for additional training, support groups, program materials, or literature, and to recommend that the patients contact personal physicians for additional information, directions and care. Collect Data: Assemble accurate, timely, clear data and complete summary of follow up phone calls, patient inquiries, and outcomes Educator: Complete patient teaching in relation to the use of products 75 %
• Participates in program specific customer meetings and training sessions. 10 %
• Participates in program specific orientation meetings and demonstrates clinical competency on electronic/written tests. 5 %
• Performs special projects and performs other duties as it pertains to specific contract performance 10 %
Works under moderate supervision.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum- Associate's Degree and professional nursing license
• Registered Nurse License in good standing in the state in which you work and/or cross-licensed in other states
• Telephonic nursing roles must have (or be willing to obtain) a compact nursing license; additionally, the employee must be willing to obtain additional state licenses upon request.
• 2-5 years experience
• Basic database and office navigation skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of customer interaction/service skills while talking with patients via phone; ability to multitask in both PC/Phone related tasks and maintain adherence to approved scripted materials. Ability to interpret information shared by the patient to determine next steps as the individual case may warrant.
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting