Business Development Director, Germany (all genders)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Linical Co., Ltd. (‘Linical’) is a premier global CRO headquartered in Osaka, Japan, listed in the prime segment of the Tokyo Stock exchange, and dedicated to serve its clients as a true partner in development. With approximately 900 employees Linical directly covers a total of more than 20 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific including Japan via its own offices and staff.
Linical’s European arm is headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany with a substantial presence in Paris and Madrid. Its geographic footprint facilitates a significant presence in the leading Western European markets, combined with well-established affiliate operations in key emerging markets in Central- and Eastern Europe.
We offer individualized solutions that are tailored to the specific needs of our sponsors. We work as integrated teams functioning with maximum transparency throughout each study, making sure that the sponsor is kept up to date on all study parameters and progress. We are dedicated to the highest standards of quality, with a special focus on the therapeutic areas oncology, immunology and CNS, based on experience and expertise.
Due to our exciting rapid growth, we are looking to hire a high-performing Business Development Director with CRO selling experience to help us meet our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives within Germany.
Reporting to the VP Business Development, you will take ownership of developing a strategic sales plan to expand our customer base in your region of responsibility
Responsibilities include the full sales cycle:
- Actively prospect and network in the industry to establish relationships and identify potential new business opportunities
- Actively listen, and understand client needs, addressing client concerns/objections, proposing solutions and sales strategies
- Develop new accounts and maintain productive relationships with key target accounts
- Initiate and coordinate with contracts and proposals RFI and RFP processes
- Collaborate and influence functional heads beyond the proposal development process
- Management and preparation of bid defences
- Negotiate terms for all projects and achieve sales target
- Utilize CRM to establish reports and dashboards to analyze business development, sales activities and track progress.
Skills and requirements
- Self-motivated sales exec and agile thinker
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels, including executive and C-level
- Able to drive the sales process from plan to close
- A proven track record in selling CRO services
- Excellent negotiation, verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English, and native speaker in assigned sales territory, additional languages a plus
- Business travel related up to 50%
What will you receive in return?
Along with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package, we are offering you:
- A dynamic team and agile decision making department
- Flexible workplace– Frankfurt office, hybrid working model or home based in Germany.
- An engaging work environment where our values of integrity & honesty, unending enthusiasm and continuing spirit of inquiry are embedded in everything we do. We value hard work and commitment from our employees and give you the same in return.
- Support and Encouragement - We are passionate about our staff and want to ensure they have all the tools and resources they need. This includes having an open and transparent culture where employees are encouraged to use their initiative alongside the expertise of the rest of the business.
- A position in a global CRO where you will drive opportunities involving all regions, Europe Asia and North America.
At Linical, we embrace the opportunities and possibilities that are held by diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds regardless of race, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic. Linical will consider all candidates that match with the requirements of the position, promoting diversity and equal opportunity for all.