Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Experience Level
Accounting Specialist – Accounts Payable (12 month full time contract)
Location: Sydney, Australia
At PRA, we don’t make our 18,000+ people great. It’s the other way around. As we have grown to a top-5 CRO, we have maintained the feel of a small company, dedicated to collaboration and passion for what we do.
We always have a desire to keep seeking new and better ways to operate. We don’t settle for the same old ways. Our passion for improving patient lives worldwide permeates all that we do. Put simply, we care.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounting Specialist to join the Shared Services team. You will work in the diverse and fast paced Accounts Payable close-knit Finance team working within a larger group of Clinical Research professionals in the Asia-Pacific region and help to support with the following responsibilities:
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable Ledger
- Entering data efficiently and accurately into multiple accounting systems
- Complying with complex coding structure
- Providing Purchase Orders for Approved Requisitions
- Ensuring Invoice approvals comply with Authorisation Matrix
- Timely processing of and weekly payment of invoices
- Assisting Accounts Receivable in collating invoice backup for pass through costs recharged to clients
- Assisting with Internal and External Audit requests
- Maintaining the integrity of the AP Ledger (follow up of old items, credit balances, ensuring approved invoices are within approval limits etc.)
- Meeting period and year end deadlines for sub ledger deliverables and close
- Developing solutions to routine problems in relation to the efficient and accurate entry of data
To be considered for this role you must be a graduate or near graduate accountant seeking a career in Accountancy.
- Some Accounts Payable experience within a high volume, multi-currency & deadline environment – ideally shared service centre, will be ideal.
- Experience in performing complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, and in ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- You must have excellent written and spoken English with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Additional languages skills are always welcome as this role may support other APAC countries.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software is essential as is the ability to work under pressure and to multi task.
- Previous experience of working in a team environment is essential, as is a willingness to help colleagues and provide cover during absences.
PRA Health Sciences is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome and celebrate diversity in the work place and we strive to ensure that all employees feel safe, connected and secure in their working environment.
Apply for Accounts Payable Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly